Double SBA success for Hera Labs
InnovateHER San Diego local winner, Jenna Ryan, CEO of Uqora, wins first prize at national pitch competition, recommended for consideration by Hera Labs. The SBA Growth Accelerator Fund awards Hera Labs the third $50,000 financial support to continue our mission-driven work.
Supportive structures for female entrepreneurs are set to thrive and expand in the next year due to supporting the number one female lead, female product and obtaining a prestigious Accelerator Growth Fund from the national SBA. October was a month of successes for Hera Labs, and not for profit business accelerator that helps entrepreneurs to LAUNCH or SCALE their startups. A new virtual accelerator, funded by this new support from the SBA, will bring the robust curriculum developed my Hera Labs to a global market. The other expansion piece supported by this new grant, in collaboration with other female VCs and female angel investors, is to provide more mentoring, early stage funding, and consumer-focused product development to high achieving female entrepreneurs and their high growth start ups. The San Diego innovation ecosystem is the perfect place for female entrepreneurs.
The San Diego innovation ecosystem is the perfect place for female entrepreneurs.
Here Labs is also proud to announce that their local InnovateHER business plan competition winner, after being nominated by a large election committee in Washington DC, as a top 10 startup in the nation producing products and services for females and families, won first place in the national finals. Jenna Ryan, founder of Uqora, A UTI prevention company solution and a form of powdered pink lemonade, is perfectly was perfectly poised and won first place in the nation at the final, national InnovateHER business competition. Jenna, is not only the founder but the user of Uqora, having nine UTIs in one year. She had to find a solution. Uqora is found on Amazon and on uqora.com website in 3-pack, 10-packs and 30-packs monthlu supply so that all women can decrease the recurring nature of UTIs. Hera Labs was fortunate to advise, mentor and prepare Jenna for a two minute pitch and three minute question-and-answer session. This is not only a win for Jenna, as a relatable, professional, and extremely coachable founder, it is a win for the San Diego Innovation ecosystem, that supports our startups and grows our local economy.
Since inception, Hera Labs is proud to have supported:
- 132 STARTUPS. Empowered 132 female founders to launch their startups through access to educational programs, mentoring & funding; promoting innovation.
- 203 SCALED. Facilitated 203 women business owners to take their businesses to the “next level” through education, accountability & goal-setting.
- 123 JOBS CREATED. Equipped female business owner with growth goals, thus helped create 122.5 new jobs.
- 140 MENTORS. Promoted culture of collaboration & a shared female economy, 140 mentors have assisted our alumni “next level.”
- $1.19M RAISED. Connected angel investors to female founders, helped raise more than $1 million in angel funds.
- 54% MOMPRENEURS. Alumnae is made up of more than 54% mompreneurs